Tuesday, December 25, 2007

journey to the south

Its CHRISTMAS!! So MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!


Went to Singapore today. It seems every Christmas I make trip there as exactly this day last year I went there too. Left home at 9. Had breakfast in town. "Puri" it was. Went on to the customs, passport check and stuff the usual then boarded the bus for kranji.



Reached kranji around 11. Bought the mrt passes and headed on to await the train. Met Matthew Chow. Surprised that he recognises me though. He was with his family. Well then suddenly, an announcement sounded. It seems that there was an accident and that the train would be delayed by around 60 minutes. WTH. Luckily they solved the problem ahead of schedule and we only waited for only 15 minutes.


The train was crowded as usual. Not that I was shocked or anything. Its CHRISTMAS for god's sake.


kranji station


took this for fun

another picture of the mrt (the girl wanted to pick her nose but HA caught in the act)

Finally reached my stop which was orchard road. Again it was madness all round as I got off the train. Here is a better picture,


mad rush for the escalators

queuing at the general ticketing machines


Went on to have lunch at MOS Burger at Takashimaya.




my lunch

halfway through my lunch


After lunch, I went on my own way alone. The rest stayed in Takashimaya. I went to Paragon, Tangs, Wheelock Place, Wisma Atria, and the streets of Orchard. Unfortunately Crumpler was closed so couldn't get to see the bags I wanted to see. sigh. But it was great walking alone in Orchard.


It truly is all about love


wheelock place

some guy singing with his guitar in the underpass on the way to wheelock place ( he was kinda posing for me but as soon as i hit the capture button, he turned. WTH LA)


One of the many ice cream vendors. HEY HOLD ON IT'S NOT!!! IT'S SINGAPORE'S VERSION OF OUR LORI SAMPAH. (LAUGHS)


But one of the more interesting happenings today involver a half naked middle aged indian man.


Intrigued??


Let me explain then.


This is the main star of the happening,

see the guy in front of the white car?..that's the man.
so this is what happened. In conjunction with christmas and all, an event was to be held in the middle of Orchard Road later in the evening. So, preparations like blocking the road, preparing the stage and stuff. Apperantly this guy wasn't happy with everything that was going on for only god knows what reason.
This is a short dialogue of what happened.
unnamed half naked indian man : what the hell la you people. road also go and block. You think what??
everyone else there : (speechless at the sight of the guy)

unnamed half naked indian man : no need to do all these things la. see my backside also better!!who wants to see my backside? you want to see put up your hand. I show you. No need shy la.
everyone else there : (still speechless but little voices whispering here and there) ( starting to walk away)
unnamed half naked indian man : ah nvm la..( starts to walk away in anger)

Well kinda hard to believe but seriously it's all true. And so that pretty much concludes my trip to Singapore. Left the country at around 5. Stepped back into relatively known territory at around 6.

that's all I have for this post.

-to speaking out your mind publicly-

No comments: