Friday, June 20, 2008

the colour of today was great

And there we were, gazing at the horrible state of the football pitch which is our very own Dataran and then even horrible state of affairs on it. The "premier" schools of JB sports tournament kicked off this morning and if this was a glimpse of what was to come, I suggest to all, don't bother going. A nice tan is all you'd get for your efforts.

The day started with me reaching school only to know I was about to be on duty for the football matches. Met my "grandma". Damn I think I'm addicted. ( This is your foult Alex )

Quickly donned my number "4" st john tee. Got ready and left for the Dataran. Being accustomed to Malaysian timing, we knew it was never going to start at 9.30 as scheduled. And damn right we were. The match between EC and Kluang kicked off at 11.30. A full two hours later.

Luckily, there was another game before that to keep us company. Muar High took on Batu Pahat High. They were wearing orange and red respectively and thus labelled Holland and Russia by us. Holland started off slower of the two teams. Russia pressed on their advantage and took the lead through a spectacular free kick just outside the area. The crowd ( me, sean, jet ) went wild. Robben ( some bald dude for the Muar team ) equalised with a beautiful lob goal. Sean and myself was left in awe. What a sweet left foot he had. The rest of the half was spent in Holland's half. Swings of the players boots reached a record high. The ball was still no where near the net though. Thankfully, the second half was more exciting. Two crappy goals were scored by Russia. Crappy but it sure did provide some fun. The match ended with the score. Yes ladies and gentleman, the score, RUSSIA 3 - 1 HOLLAND.


Soon after, the EC match started. They had a shortage of referees apparently so they reused the referees. If EC was the pinnacle of sporting success in JB, I'd figure no team would be labelled poor. They played awfully bad. And this is me trying to look on the good side of things. Sean agreed. More swings of the boot were done. This time rather aimlessly by the home team. Their strikers were at least a head shorter than their opposite defenders. And as heaven would have it, they fell behind to Kluang just under half an hour. The half ended that way. The second half commenced and EC attacked. They did right till the end and were awarded a penalty right at the death. Our number 10 stepped up and duly converted the penalty and we went into a state of euphoria. Forgetting that they had played badly, I felt proud at that exact moment.


The rest of the day went rather well. Had extra accounts lesson, went to cs ( saw my grandma), rushed to pelangi (hee), had fun there ( definitely ), tuition was great too. Alvin just adds so much colour to the already so colourful class. So maybe going home wasn't all that but it's just a shade of dullness in my almost perfect colourful day.


- to more colourful days to lift me up-

No comments: