Friday, March 6, 2009

Mathematics and the likes

If someone were to tell you that maths is just numbers, think again.


Well, back in the day,

I used to think pie was just food till i discovered it's actually made up of the numbers 3.142

I used to think tables was an object you use to write on in class.

I used to think 1+1 can only be 2.

I used to think a square was just a shape.

I thought you only sketched in Art lessons.

I would never have imagined that set squares would actually consist of two triangles.

I never thought a calculator could be used to play games.



Standard one ( where we were shorter and the pants we wore were shorter )

Teacher : I have one apple. I buy another apple. How many apples do I have?

Class : TWOOOOOOOOOOO

Teacher : Good.


Form 5 ( where we become taller, and yeah longer hair except for the bald dudes lah )

Teacher : And so it's like this. The numbers to base 2can only be 1 or 0. And so
one plus one to base two is one zero. Understand?

Students : Huh? Written as 1+1 = 1 0?

Teacher : Yes. Okay. Now we move on to bases 5 and 8.



However, as the knowledge is intensifying, one thing changes for the worst.


Modern Maths class

"My friend had one of the first mobile phones. It was the Atur 450. It costs roughly around RM 12000. Imagine that. And all you could do was call okay. And in certain areas too"


EST Class

" Here are the handouts. Complete them and put in on my table"

(next class )

" okay this is today's work. finish it before you can go back "


( what happened to teaching? )


Biology class

"deng jiga deng deng jiga deng deng" goes the sounds of Jayaseelan, Yoges and Harpreet as they fantasise about doing the next "slumdog pokaiare"
( teacher just goes on talking )


And the damn administration wants us to stay back till 2.30 each day for this? I hell won't stay.



- to the higher ups to open their eyes and come back down to earth -

p/s sorry for sounding a little harsh. All neccessary.

No comments: